Saturday, November 6, 2010

Succulents are becoming popular

When I made my first succulent arrangement I did so because I liked the look and I thought to myself can a gumpaste succulent really look real?? Well, it took me a few tries to get the look I was going for and to figure out how thick to make each petal so it wouldn't be too heavy when added to a cake. Amazingly, they are very light and I think they look fantastic as an arrangement on a cake.

Succulents and Kumquats

This one I added to the top tier was my first attempt and I was so excited it turned out so nicely I have since made more. Now, I am going to look for different types and colors of succulents and make a variety of them since I really do like how they look on cakes..



I am also very excited about working with Colette's Catering who is now selling my gumpaste flowers. http://www.colettescakegoddess.com/


Damask design with succulent



She liked the succulents and asked for a sample cake for her display showroom with a damask look. This is what I came up with and it all fits together very nicely.







.

1 comment:

  1. Really fabulous!! I loved this lovely cake!
    The top tier is so elegant, chic and beautiful! You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete