I finally finished the bougainvilleas for the cake I am making and took this picture of them in a vase. It took me a couple of tries to get the coloring just how I wanted it, testing it out on the extra petals I make just for sampling colors.
I am quite happy with the end result. I spent one entire morning making all the petals but I just wasn't really happy with them and thought I had wasted all my time. So, the next day I made all new petals which I used. I needed to make the leaves and I came to find out my time wasn't wasted after all with those petals I didn't like since I was able to use them as the leaves... I was pretty excited about that.