Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bougainvillea and Orchid cake

A cake designed around the sugar flowers


bougainvilleas, plumeria, cymbidium
This cake design came from the stenciling and applique work I have seen on several cakes on other blogs and magazines.  Adding a side design to match the sugar flowers used worked out well since I already had the cutters.


Bougainvillea cake
The top tier I wanted to keep fairly plain being so close to the sugar flowers so adding  a few bougainvillea petals and keeping them uniform made a nice simple design. The bottom tier would be the orchids with a bit more of flowing design and the addition of some color, texture and shape.   After I added the pearl borders I thought it all came together nicely...

4 comments:

  1. Hello

    What a lovely cake design!! The sugar orchid flowers look so beautiful and yummy as wel!!
    I've read your blog posts and found out "You are so talented!" I've been completely fascinated by your sugar flowers!!
    In October or November, if I have an opportunity, I'll post about Japanese sugar Chrysanthemum designs which you may get interested! in! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for writing.. next week I am going to attempt to make the flower I saw on your blog I call it sea holly. It is so nice of you to post about Japanese sugar Chrysanthemums. I look forward to it. I can look at your blog more tomorrow since today I was busy with a sugar flower order.. it is nice to meet you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cakes and your gumpaste flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment. I love to make gumpaste flowers and now specialize in them.

    ReplyDelete